Tuesday, 18 September 2012
Minoo came up with recipes with ingredients that she collected in her Community Supported Agriculture Box Program (CSA) for this summer. The Zucchini Green Bean Soup turns out to like ratatouille. One of the ingredient in her CSA box is the above giant zucchini. The Sharing farm also gave her some green beans to be used in the community kitchens. In fact the bean is not just green but came in shades of purple. The zebra like purple bean is called Heirloom Bean.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch section
- 1/4 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1/2 pound zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 pound potato, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1 x 28 ounces can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large pot, over medium-high heat, saute onion in oil for 5 minutes until translucent.
2. Add green beans and cayenne pepper, saute for 3 minutes.
3. Add zucchini and potatoes.
4. Add tomatoes and stir to mix.
5. Add enough water to your preference of thickness of the soup. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste.Remove from heat and serve. Garnish with chopped Italian parsley.
What is your favorite type of soup?