Saturday, 05 January 2013
Last year, I wrote a blog post titled as "Restaurant I Want to Try in 2012" and I am happy to say I tried 3 of the 7 restaurants that were mentioned in the post. This year, my boyfriend and I are going to continue our expedition to find better, awesome, and slightly healthier food.
These are the top 5 restaurants and food places I'd love to try this year with no excuses.
Jin Ramen (3183 Broadway New York, NY 10027)
1. My boyfriend and I are on a mission to find the best and tastiest ramen we could possibly find in The Big Apple. We've must have tried at least 5-8 ramen restaurants last year. Unfortunately, we weren't able to try Jin Ramen especially since it's a little far from where we live, haven't had time to try it, and it is freezing in The Big Apple.
Why is it hard for us to try Jin Ramen? If you're living in NYC or at least visited NYC the past two weeks or more, you've noticed it's been freezing cold. In addition, Jin Ramen is located on 125th Street in Harlem, Manhattan. The 3 Best Sellers are: Steamed Pork Buns, Spicy Tonkotsu Ramen, and Miso Ramen.
Hopefully when the weather is a little warmer, my boyfriend and I will find time to try out Jin Ramen and see if it is as good as others that have tried it before us say.
Eileen's Special Cheesecake (17 Cleveland Pl New York, NY 10012)
2. My boyfriend and I have drove past this small cheesecake shop numerous of times. Ironically, he's tried it but I haven't. My sister did a photo shoot at Eileen's Special Cheesecake once and they gave her a complimentary cheesecake.
I was lucky enough to be able to try it and it was absolutely the best cheesecake I've ever had better than Junior's. Although I did get to try a slice of their cheesecake, I still want to visit the actual cheesecake shop and have an experience of my own.
Ganso (25 Bond Street Brooklyn, NY 11201)
3. Ganso is one of few ramen shops that popped up in Brooklyn. An article/restaurant review about Ganso was mentioned in the New York Times which convinced me to give it a shot. Since it is conveniently located near where I work and go to school, I hope to visit this ramen shop soon!
Otafuku (236 East 9th Street New York, NY 10004)
4. My friends know I love takoyaki which is deep-fried octopus balls. They told me there's a little shop/hole in the wall in the East Village of NYC that has wonderful and amazing takoyaki. I've been wanting to try this place for a while now, but never had the chance to. Besides takoyaki, there's also Gyoza, yakisoba, edamame, ramen, and much more.
Manna House Bakery (125 Mott Street New York, NY 10013)
5. In a big neighborhood like Chinatown, there are tons of Chinese/Asian bakeries and I'm sure each of them has a special characteristic or item that people rave about.
I read my friend Draven's blog post about Manna House Bakery and he claims it's got the BEST egg custard he's ever had and most of the times his opinions and thoughts are right especially when it comes to food.
I've been to Manna House Bakery twice and the both times I been there, they seem to run out of egg custard like hot cakes. I definitely need to make a visit to Manna House Bakery ASAP.
For more information on a list of restaurants and food places I'd like to visit, please click here.
What restaurant or food place would you like to visit this year?