Monday, 03 December 2012
The Oreo has always been my favorite cookie.
And (not) surprisingly enough, I also really love Oreo cheesecake, cookies and cream ice cream, etc. But how do you satisfy an Oreo craving when you're a poor college student?
A few years ago, instead of going out and buying a pack of Oreos, I found this recipe for an Oreo cream pie. It's perfect for the Oreo lover, especially because you'll likely have left over cookies. Plus it's incredibly simple to make!
- 39 Oreo Cookies, divided
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) Philly Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups sweetened whipped cream
- Crush 26 of the cookies. I actually used a food processor for this step, it speeds up the...well, process.
- If you've used a food processor, remove crushed cookies. Mix crushed cookies with butter until well blended.
- Press firmly onto bottom and up side of 9-inch pie plate. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- Take 9 of the remaining cookies; set aside.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add chopped cookies and whipped topping; stir gently until well blended.
- Spoon into prepared crust and refrigerate at least 2 hours or until firm.
- Halve remaining 4 cookies; stand on cut edges around center of pie.
This pie is the definition of no-bake perfection. You can find the original recipe at The Purple Foodie.
What's your favorite way to use Oreos?