The best way to eat a salad is to dress it up.
I find that avocados are always welcome additions to salads. So why not use them to make salad dressing? My friend made this the last time we got together and I really loved the idea in all its simplicity. The ingredients are:
- two avocados
- one bell pepper, optional
- one medium sized red onion
- chopped kale
- lemon juice
- olive oil
- Simply dice the bell pepper and onion, then mash up the avocados.
- Add olive oil to help make the mashing a little more manageable and stir in the onion, bell pepper, and lemon juice to taste.
- Pour on top of chopped kale, cover top of bowl (or whatever you've put the kale in) with plastic wrap and shake the salad until the kale is covered in the dressing.
This dressing is quick to make and tastes lovely, as the lightness of the lemon counteracts the bitterness of the kale. Think of it as a different use for a kind of guacamole! It's also a good one if you're feeling lazy but want something healthy.What's your go to salad dressing?