Still brainstorming for a Thanksgiving menu?
Fear not! Whether you're just indecisive or at a total loss, the internet is always here to help.
Specially for the occasion, the New York Times has created the "Thanksgiving-erator
" that allows you to pick from themes (ranging from Modernist to Purist to Colonial), sides, main courses, and desserts. When you've chosen, it generates a menu for you!
a deconstructed pumpkin pie
For example, if you choose the following sequence:
- The type of bird is immaterial but I must have my foie gras
- What's missing from your potatoes? Oh, right. Truffles
- Forget plain pumpkin pie. Give me art.
- I can drink truffles, too?
You get this:
- Roasted Hen Stuffed With Foie-Gras Butter And Black Truffles
- Very Rich Meat Stuffing
- Puree de Pommes de Terre la Truffe
- Deconstructed Pumpkin Pie
- Truffle Martini
A humorous and cute approach to a sometimes stressful task, there are countless combos and I guarantee you'll be mixing and matching for a while! Try it out here
.How are you planning your Thanksgiving menu?image source