Ever since I tried and gushed about the best pizza I've ever had to wrap my mind around, I've been experimenting with different foods to throw a Caesar salad on top of. Last week, I composed a culinary beauty: Chicken Caesar salad baguettes.What I Used:
What I Do:
- 3 medium-thick slices from a fresh french baguette
- 1 1/2 slices Garlic and herb chicken lunch meat fresh from the grocery store deli!
- Single serving portion Green Leaf lettuce
- 1/8 cup diced onion
- 2 tbsp Romano cheese
- 3 tbsp Caesar dressing (I use Bolthouse Farms yogurt-based dressing. Only 2g fat and 45 calories/serving!)
- 5-7 croutons
- Throw lettuce and onion into a small bowl and toss with dressing
- Toast slices of bread (I would recommend doing this here instead of at first because your toast may become soft or lose its warmth)
- Tear lunch meat up into good-sized portions and separate into thirds and place on each slice
- Portion your salad mix on top of the baguette slices
- Top with Romano cheese (I like to use a Microplane and grate the cheese right onto the salad)
- Finally, take a fork or knife and drive it into each of the croutons. Place the smaller pieces onto the petite sandwiches. (Since the sandwiches are so tall already, breaking up the croutons helps to not create an overwhelming overall size).
- Voila! Happy eating!
**An alternative to this is to melt the cheese directly onto the baguette. This would work best in the toaster oven so you can toast and melt efficiently and beautifully.**Does this sound like an appetizing lunch? How about making one or two for a good snack? Do you like to top things with salad? Have you made any creations similar to this one?image source