Monday, 01 October 2012
I've never thought about how I eat a cupcake, until now. I usually bite into a cupcake from the side, but turns out there's a better way to eat a cupcake.
I first saw the "right" way to eat a cupcake on BuzzFeed and I have to ask myself: Why did I never consider this before? But upon doing a little digging, I found that LOST alumni Jorge Garcia was the first to show the exact process of eating a cupcake properly on his personal blog--he even included step-by-step photos.
Take a look at his step by step tutorial (circa 2010) including his instructions.
1. You start with the cup cake.
2. First you peel away the paper. (Trust me it gets better.)
3. Then tear off the bottom portion of the cupcake.
4.Place the torn-off portion on top where the frosting is.
5. Give it a little squeeze.
6. And there you have it. Eat it like a cream-filled cake sandwich.
Realistically speaking, I can't imagine going through all that work for a cupcake. Not to mention that the process is a little messy. That said, I do think the icing-cake ration must be perfect in this process.
How do you eat your cupcakes? Do you think there is a "right" or "wrong" way?