Friday, 24 August 2012
Have you ever had an experience where you're eating out with family and friends and everyone is enjoying a certain food that you completely despise? You're not alone because this happens to me all the time. Sometimes my family or friends think I'm weird and have no palette for trying new things, which isn't true.
I love food, I really do, but there is just some food I find down right disgusting or just don't appeal to me. These are the top 5 foods that I find everybody likes, but me.
1. I don't care if they are cooked or raw, I still don't like oysters. My parents and oldest sister love cooked oysters and can eat a ton of them. My boyfriend thinks I'm completely weird for not liking oysters, because he enjoys eating them raw.
It's weird because clams and mussels are from the same family as oysters and I love clams and mussels are okay, but no matter what I just don't like oysters. The taste of it always makes me want to throw up.
2. Durian is a fruit that is essential to some cultures. I love fruits, but Durian is one fruit that I hate with a passion. Why? Well the looks of it isn't appealing, because realistically it looks like a lethal. Secondly, the smell of it isn't pleasant at all. The smell of it is often compared to rotten eggs or sweaty socks. This is one fruit that needs an acquired taste.
3. When we think of mustard, we often associate it as a condiment eaten with hot dogs. I never really liked the taste of mustard in anything from salads to sandwiches. It's just never appealed to me.
4. Out of all burgers or sandwiches that McDonald's has, this is the one burger I absolutely despise and just the sight of it makes me squeamish. I have friends that enjoy the Filet-O-Fish, but man to me it's disgusting. I never tried it before, but after a former professor told me the truth behind this particular sandwich it just completely grossed me out.
5. There are people that I know that prefer Dunkin Donuts coffee over Starbucks coffee just because it's less expensive and they feel the quality is good. I absolutely detest Dunkin Donuts coffee for the fact that it doesn't taste as rich or savory as Starbucks. It doesn't have that slight or roasty taste to it and their drinks tend to be overly sweet.
Are there any foods that you don't like, but everyone around you loves?