Wednesday, 01 August 2012
When you're unhappy, what is the one thing that makes you happy? I have a lot of answers for this question, but one thing is for sure is food. Food always has a way of making life a little brighter and a little better.
Everyone has a favorite food or a go-to type of food that always makes them feel better I'd like to share with you the top 5 foods that make me happy, when things are rough or when I'm not in a mellow mood.
1. I know I've said this before, but I really love my boyfriend's dumplings. I've tried a lot of dumplings before and I mean a lot, but none of them can ever compare to the deliciousness to my boyfriend's pan-fried dumplings. There is nothing greater than tasty food made by someone you love very much.
Every once in a while, my boyfriend and I make dumplings from scratch for dinner and just sit there talking about random things. It's a fun experience for us to bond over. His dumplings are beautifully crafted, crunchy, and just has a homey taste and feeling to it.
2. When I first started eating Japanese food, I instantaneously fell in love with kani salad which is really crab meat, cucumber, sesame seeds, masago (caviar), and Japanese mayonnaise. Every time I go to a Japanese restaurant, I always opt for this salad because it's so addicting, but in a good way.
3. I love chocolate very much! Every once in a while, I have this insane craving for chocolate not to mention, whenever I feel sleepy a piece of chocolate sure wakes me up. In addition, whenever I feel moody chocolate has a way and chemicals that makes my mood a whole lot brighter.
4. Ever since my boyfriend introduced me to authentic ramen noodles, I've became so addicted to it. Whether it's winter or summer, a bowl of ramen is always a great comfort food and delicious to eat. My boyfriend and I love ramen oh so much.
5. I can't tell you how much I love coffee. I drink at most two cups of coffee a day on a daily basis. I just love that roasty smell of coffee whether it's on the train or walking by a coffee hsop, that scent is so captivating and strong. I love coffee because of it's roasty and slightly bitterness and because it makes me feel good.
What food or drink makes you happy when you're down?