Saturday, 18 February 2012
This is a guest post from CakeSpy.
Here are two facts:
1. Sandwiches are tasty.
2. Pound cake is delicious.
But what about when you combine these toothsome treats in one sweet, dessert-sandwich form?
I think you probably know where I'm going with this. Friends, I'd like to share with you one of my favorite--and incidentally, one of the easiest--recipes I know: the Pound Cake Sandwich.
This is a sandwich that satisfies: two thick slices of pound cake with delicious (pink is best) frosting in the middle--a hefty treat that will fill your belly for breakfast, soothe rumblings at lunch, and will definitely spoil your dinner. Here's how you make it:
Pound Cake Sandwich
Makes one (easily duplicated)
- 2 thick slices of pound cake (plain or a flavor, you choose your own adventure)
- 2-3 tablespoons pink frosting
- Place two slices of poundcake side-by-side in a mirror-image direction.
- spread each slice with 1 to 1.5 tablespoons of frosting.
- Sandwich the two frosted sides together.