Tuesday, 22 November 2011
I'm usually not wild about fish but I've been eating a lot of tilapia lately. I buy the frozen fillets and I really like them because they don't take very long to defrost and they don't take long to prepare. Spinach was on sale at Target last week so I bought 2 bags and I thought I'd make a healthy dinner one night since my workload wasn't ridiculous. Here's the recipe!
I normally broil the tilapia but I decided to cook it in a frying pan this week since I was making spinach too. Altogether this took me about 20 minutes to cook so it's great for when you don't want to spend an eternity in the kitchen.
- 1 tilapia fillet (if you're using the frozen kind like I do, you can defrost the fillet in a bowl of warm water. It should only take about 15 minutes).
- Mrs. Dash Seasoning, to taste
- Seasoning Salt, to taste
- 1-2 cloves chopped garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3-4 cups fresh spinach (you might think this seems like too much spinach but it cooks down a lot)
1. Pour 1-2 tablespoons olive oil into a pan that's been preheated on medium-low. Add chopped garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
2. Add chopped spinach and cook until all the leaves have wilted down. Remove from heat.
3. Season tilapia with Mrs. Dash, seasoning salt, and pepper on both sides and add to a preheated pan on medium-low heat. Cook for 5-7 minutes on each side.
4. Transfer to plate and you're done! Sorry the picture doesn't look too great, the tilapia was flipped the wrong way.
What's your favorite way to prepare tilapia?