Wednesday, 31 August 2011
If I had enough money, I would go to Starbucks everyday. My favorite drinks there are the pumpkin spice lattes and the passion fruit tea. Since it's not the fall season yet and it's still too hot out for lattes, I usually get the passion fruit tea when I go to Starbucks. The only problem of course is that this can add up if I went all of the time. Good news though! You can make passion fruit tea at home for less and there's no difference between a homemade drink and the Starbucks version.
- 2 quarts of water
- Passion tea bags (individual sized bags or the bigger filterbag works)
1. If you have the box with the individual tea bags, just use boil 1 quart of water and pour it over 4 or 5 bags (depending on how strong you want it). If you've got the bigger filterbags, just use one and do the same thing.
2. Let it steep for about 10-15 minutes.
3. Take out the bags and add 1 1/2 cups of sugar (again more or less depending on how sweet you like your tea).
4. Stir tea until sugar is dissolved and add another quart of water.
5. Refrigerate and serve when ready. Starbucks calls this "shaken" iced tea simply because they put the tea in a cup with ice and shake it. Nothing fancy.
*If you want to make the passion tea lemonade, simply add about 1/4 cup lemonade to 8 oz of tea.
And that's all it takes.
What's your favorite Starbucks drink?