Tuesday, 16 August 2011
I love ice cream and recently I've found myself questioning my dedication to this sugary cold dessert! While walking on HighLine a few weeks back with friends, I came across an ice cream cart selling lavender, avocado and hibiscus flavored ice cream! People have gotten so creative with ice cream flavors that lavender and hibiscus are no longer strange flavors! Here are a few weird flavors:
1. Lobster Ice Cream: Ben and Bill’s Chocolate Emporium in Bar Harbor sells ice cream which has fresh chopped lobster meat that has been cooked and buttered folded into butter-flavored ice cream.
2. Curry Ice Cream: Available in the Exotic Ice Cream collection from Vosges, the curry in this ice cream is a sweet Naga curry from India combined with creamy coconut custard.
3. Foie Gras Ice Cream: Available at Humphry Slocombe in San Francisco, this ice cream sandwich (made using homemade gingersnaps) is filled with buttery foie gras ice cream. (Foie Gras = Duck or Goose liver)
4. Cold Sweat Ice Cream: Don't let the name mislead you. This ice cream is NOT made of sweat, although it can induce a sweat. Sold at Sunni Sky’s Homemade Ice Cream in Angier, North Carolina, this ice cream includes three varieties of chilies and two hot sauces mixed into vanilla ice cream.
5. Chicken Wing Ice Cream: Chicken Wing ice cream can be found at Namja Land (a Japanese restaurant and amusement park in Ikebukuro) alongside other unique flavors such as Garlic and Wasabi.
6. Stilton Cheese Ice Cream: The Stilton cheese producers at Churchfields Farm in England have created an ice cream from grated Stilton, a sharp bleu cheese, combined with a classic ice cream base.
Would you try any of these? Which flavor sounds the worst?