Sunday, 23 January 2011
This is a guest post from Kirbie's Cravings.
Chocolate lava cake is one of my favorite ways to eat chocolate. I used to buy it all the time until I realized just how easy it is to make. So now I just make my own.
My normal method of making it is to put it in ramekins for baking, then turn them upside down, put some powder sugar and top with some berries. However, this weekend I decided to put them in cupcake liners. They aren’t nearly as pretty in cupcake liners, but they are so much easier to clean up!
BF loves chocolate as much as me and he loves chocolate lava cakes. BF also hates doing dishes. Hates. It always exasperates me that a dish that can take 30 seconds to wash, he would rather put it off for a week and the washing process is much longer since he then has to soak the dish first, scrub it, etc. He is so lazy about doing dishes that he is constantly using plastic utensils and paper plates.
So I thought of making these lava cakes in cupcake lines for him. Because the clean up is so easy. All the melted chocolate stays in the cupcake liners so he just needs to throw away the wrapper when he is done. Of course it’s hard to eat it like a cupcake, so I gave him a fork and put the cupcake liner on a napkin. He loved it. =)
These heat well too. So you can make a couple and heat them up in the microwave for a few seconds when you want to eat them.
Chocolate Lava Cakes
4 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
1. Melt chocolate and butter in microwave, in thirty second intervals and stirring in between until it is completely melted and mixed.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy
3. Add chocolate mixture into the eggs. Add flour and mix until incorporated.
4. Put cupcake liners in a cupcake pan. Pour batter into cupcake liners.
5. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 350 degrees for about 10-12 minutes. Serve warm.